Tuesday, January 1, 2013

since we last talked...

- My computer stopped letting me upload pictures to my blog without making me wait for forever.  That's why I haven't been around lately.

- Oliver became a full blown toddler.  Walks everywhere now.  Unless Zach is home, in which case he's crying if he's not being held.



- Maxwell gave me this winning face:


- Quinn started sounding out words.  This will likely be the last year that I can make a Christmas list of who's getting what and be able to leave it lying around.  He also insisted on wearing these to school and told his teacher he had to sit on the front row because he can't see:



- One of us really can't see and ended up getting glasses.  After an awful experience where a girl narrowly missed hitting me and three of my friends, but ended up hitting my friend's dog instead (who survived and is fine, miraculously), I kept hearing the phrase, "Did I hit a person????  I didn't see any of you!!" repeat through my head every time I got in the car.  It was haunting.  And easily the worst experience of my life.  So I got glasses to help make sure I never put anyone else through a similar experience.  Luckily, the thick nerdy glasses style is in:



- We counted down to Christmas with great (and sometimes terrible) anticipation:


- Almost all of us got sick on Christmas day (everyone but Zach - he had it the week before) and spent the entire holiday season recovering (we're all still coughing).  I took this picture on Christmas Eve (In their matching Christmas jammies, opening a Christmas book from Nanny and Poppy) right before the kids went to bed, and didn't take another picture for like, four days - way to document Christmas, Mama:



- The boys were beyond thrilled to have Papa home for so long and barely left him alone the entire time:



- My sewing machine and I made an abundance of hot pads and a few other things that I need to take pictures of at some point:

 

And since this took me all day to put together because of my computer's fantastic uploading time, I'm going to go put kids to bed. Then I'm going to lounge on the couch with the hubs and a black cherry cream soda and say "So long," to our Christmas vacation.

Happy 2013, everyone.  May this new year be a blessed one.




2 comments:

aswigfromthesiggs said...

Love all the glasses shots. Especially Quinn. Your hair is getting so long too! I can't believe Oliver is so big! He and Lot will be good buds this summer at the beach. And I love the matching jammies. I wish I could somehow dress 2 girls and 1 boy in the same ones.

jen said...

Taya - you can get them all red and green striped pajamas next year. I've obviously already put thought into this. :)
I don't know how this post escaped my notice for nearly two weeks. The picture (and story) of Quinn wearing those glasses to school cracked me up. What a funny kid.
I love how Zach is reading and doesn't even seem to notice the two monkeys climbing on him. A true seasoned parent!
And I like your glasses and your hair. And this post. :)
Happy New Year!